Friday 4 December 2015

Finding Dolly

We spent two weeks looking our our perfect motor home, which would enable us to see a bit more of Europe, whilst enjoying our hobbies. My Husband searched the internet, we travelled from London to Shropshire, Kent, reading and everywhere in-between. I was beginning to give up hope and then we found her, the last we looked at. It was after 4 o'clock in the afternoon, cold, windy and getting dark.

I stepped inside and Knew we had found the one. Much like myself, Dolly is older than we would have liked but still has plenty of miles left in her, is neat and tidy and not too dated. She is perfect just as she is.
Our first trip was to get her to Portugal, travelling through France and Spain. She'd had a good service, her engine was like new with only 19,000 miles on the clock, so nothing to stop us. My husband would have liked a week to get use to the gadgets, but me, I'm impatient and had already been away for 5 weeks. She arrived on the Tuesday Chris had two days, that was me compromising. We were off on Thursday night ready to catch the first Shuttle out of Folkestone to Calais.
We arrived home two days later, having had a stop over in France and one in Spain. There were a few hiccups, like how do you turn the interior lights off and how do we get hot water for the shower. The emptying of the waste was another learning curve, but we did it.  Now we have adventures to look forward to.
So far we've had afternoon tea with friends in the camper, (I'll show more about friends on my next post) and are planning an overnight fishing trip, Chris will fish I will write...after I've done a little shopping in the local town, any opportunity to shop.




 Chris with an early morning coffee. No, I didn't make it in Dolly, we nipped over to Starbucks.

 How did I decide on the name Dolly? Well the inside reminds me of a little dolls house, everything is there but just scaled down.

 I must say I never look great at 5 o'clock in the morning but I couldn't complain as it was my idea to leave and catch the first Shuttle out.

 Our letter was up, and we were on our way.

 I have no idea where we were, other than the fact that we were in Spain and I had inspiration to take the photos...I'll catch some photos in France next time.



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like great fun! Love the photos :)
    Suzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Suzy, I think I could live in Dolly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, loving your adventures! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Dawn, I'm really enjoying writing this blog. Taking off in the camper and looking for something of interest. We recently had a few days on the East side of Portugal...boarders with Spain. I'm a bit behind but hope to share some of that at the weekend. Hope to see you again, have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete

 

Eleanor Smythe Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design